Senators Cynthia Villar and Manny Pacquiao kept their ranks as the richest Filipino senators, and the only two billionaires in the chamber.
This may be gleaned from the latest Statement of Assets, Liabilities and Networth or SALN of the 24 senators as of December 31, 2020 as posted on the Senate website.
The poorest senator is detained Sen. Leila de Lima, with P9.5 million.
Villar, whose family is into the real estate and retail business, has a networth of P3.7 billion with zero liabilities.
Pacquiao ended up with a networth of more than P3.18 billion, after P350-million liabilities was deducted.
In third place but a far third is Senate President Pro Tempore Ralph Recto with a networth of over P581 million; followed by Majority Leader Juan Miguel Zubiri with networth of P220.7 million; and on fifth is Sen. Bong Revilla Jr with P179.9 million.
Ranked from sixth onwards are:
6. Senator Sonny Angara – P150.8 million
7. Minority Leader Franklin Drilon – P106.8 million
8. Senator Grace Poe – P101.3 million
9. Senator Sherwin Gatchalian – P91.2 million with zero liability
10. Senate President Vicente Sotto III – P85.6 million
11. Senator Pia Cayetano – P84.5 million
12. Senator Richard Gordon – P77.5 million
13. Senator Lito Lapid – P74.9 million
14. Senator Francis Tolentino – P59.8 million
15. Senator Nancy Binay – P59.7 million
16. Senator Panfilo Lacson – P58.3 million
17. Senator Aquilino “Koko” Pimentel III – P37.2 million
18. Senator Imee Marcos – P36.2 million
19. Senator Ronald “Bato” dela Rosa – P34.3 million
20. Senator Joel Villanueva – P33 million
21. Senator Francis Pangilinan – P23.9 million
22. Senator Christopher “Bong” Go – P22.2 million
23. Senator Risa Hontiveros – P16.7 million, zero liability
24. Senator Leila de Lima – P9.5 million.
Image courtesy of AP