Getting a gig abroad has been the rare break that Cute Crooner (CC) has been waiting for since his career was stalled by a sordid situation. Unfortunately, CC’s new “source of pride” has also turned him into a pig-headed performer. He has become too big for his britches.
Following the coveted stint, CC has sadly forgotten that humility could always trump a performer’s bloated sense of sense. But be forewarned, dear readers: Many of CC’s public pronouncements about how his prodigious skills had dazzled throngs of admirers abroad were, at best, overblown and merely imagined.
Seasoned Thespian (ST) is one of the few colleagues who can debunk CC’s “exaggerated” claims because ST was also in the same project that hired CC. When Common Friend (CF) visited ST abroad, it didn’t take long before ST revealed to CF that CC’s time with the project wasn’t really as easy peasy as CC wanted everybody to believe. Truth is, CC actually had a difficult time “adjusting” to the standards of excellence that he and his coworkers were expected to live up to.
CC, as ST disclosed, was “a little slow” where following directions was concerned. Lesson learned: Don’t believe everything you hear! INQ
TOP OF THE TABLOIDS
This week’s top show biz news from the tabloids (and why we are moved, if we are moved):
• KathNiel gustong kunin para gumanap na Elias at Salome sa “Noli Me Tangere”; Sisa iaalok kay Liza (While they’re at it, why not the KathNiel and LizQuen fans as the taumbayan?)
• Daniel Padilla bubuka-bukaka sa vlog, sinita ni Zanjoe Marudo: Isara mo raw, nakikita ‘yung b***og mo! (Funny this Zanjoe, ‘no? Sarap kurutin … ni Zanjoe.)
• Kim Chiu sinupalpal ni Vice Ganda sa isyu ng panloloko: There’s no acceptable reason for cheating (Nemen!)
• Marco Gallo hindi nag-plaster nang maghubo’t hubad sa ‘Manananggal’, may inamin tungkol kay ‘junjun’ (They probably ran out of plaster…)
• Darryl Yap: Nakakapeste lang na sasabihing nakiki-ride on kami sa JaDine (You mean they’re still around?)
• Kit Thompson handang magpakita ng ‘pagkalalaki’ sa movie pero may kundisyon… (Like, for Kit, it better be worth the “exposure.”)
• Gab Valenciano kinarir ang pagpapaganda ng katawan: I hated what I saw in the mirror…so I chose to fight (So, what did he see in the mirror…?)
• Rocco Nacino walang isyu kay Derek Ramsay; umaming natakot gawin ang ‘To Have And To Hold’ (Why? Was he supposed ‘to have and to hold’ Derek? Tee-hee.)
• Rabiya Mateo nabastusan sa lumabas na quote card sa socmed; nag-demand ng public apology.
The hottest entertainment news straight to your inbox
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.