There may have been saccharine words exchanged between Long-time Dweller (LD) and his Former Bosses (FB) when it was time for LD to fly the coop.
But can you blame LD? Apparently, the real reason LD gave up his job was because it was becoming more and more a matter of security versus loyalty. Eventually, LD had to put his devotion on the back burner to secure a better future for himself because, while his participation in the company seemed flashy and high-profile, the benefits he got from the “partnership” was really, well, let’s just say “disproportional” to all his hard work.
So, if FB can’t scratch his back, why should LD scratch theirs? After all, loyalty begets loyalty, right? Spin a win!
TOP OF THE TABLOIDS
This week’s top show biz news from the tabloids (and why we are moved, if we are moved):
• Alden Richards wala pa ring lovelife: Magti-30 na ako, it’s about time na ako naman. (Wait. Feels like I’ve already read this three, four years ago. Deja vu?)
• Sharon Cuneta sa nagsasabing nang-agaw sila ng camapaign color: Go find your own color! (May exclusive rights ba si Mega or her bashers sa mga colors…?)
• Arjo Atayde aminadong si Maine Mendoza na ang ‘the one.’ (What say you, fans?)
• Vice Ganda may hugot sa ‘kind things;’ deadma sa pasabog ni Direk Bobet Vidanes. (Next … NEXT!)
• Janine Gutierrez may kwelang ‘before and after’ photo; hindi inaakalang mag-aartista. (She probably grew up reading “The Ugly Duckling”?)
• Carlo Aquino nakatanggap ng ‘Squid Game’ track suit; bibida kaya sa season 2? (He’ll be great at tumbling preso.)• Bianca Gonzalez nababahala sa mga mahihilig magmura sa socmed. (When cowardly anonymity and stupidity empower brain-dead trolls.)
• Julia Barretto: Ang sarap kayang mawasak ang puso… kasi alam mong tumitibay ka, natututo ka. (Hmm, there’s a term for this…)
• Aljur Abrenica may hamon kay Kylie Padilla: Tell them who cheated first. (Let’s see how Kylie’s dad, Robin, reacts to this…)
• Robi Domingo sinagot ang paratang na ginagamit niya si Maymay Entrata. (Who’s using who?)
The hottest entertainment news straight to your inbox
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.