MALACAÑANG is confident the alert level 3 in Metro Manila will be downgraded by next month.
Citing data from the Department of Health (DOH), Presidential spokesman Harry Roque noted a significant improvement in existing Covid-19 data in the region.
He noted the two-week attack rate in the National Capital Region (NCR) is down to 52 percent, while the average daily attack rate in the region also dropped to 9.87 percent.
There was also a decline in the utilization rate of Covid-19 wards beds, which is now at 39 percent; and Intensive Care Units (ICU) for Covid patients, at 48 percent.
The vaccination rate in NCR is also at a whopping 85 percent, according to Roque.
“So there is a big possibility that the alert level [in NCR] will be downgraded,” Roque said in a virtual press briefing last Monday.
The current Alert Level 3 classification of NCR will last until October 31, 2021.
Roque said the IATF is currently studying if it will retain or change the Alert Level in NCR by next month.
Under Alert Level 3, some of the previously banned businesses and activities were allowed to operate at a limited venue capacity ranging from 30 percent to 60 percent, depending on whether it is indoors or outdoors, as well as if the concerned establishment has a Safety Seal Certification.
The venue capacity is further increased under Alert Level 2 and 1.