The Commission on Elections (Comelec) is set to start hearing the petition against presidential aspirant Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. on November 26.

In an interview on Monday, Comelec-Education and Information Department (EID) Assistant Director Elaiza David confirmed the Comelec Second Division has finally scheduled the preliminary conference on the petition to cancel the certificate of candidacy (COC) of Marcos Jr. on said date.

After this the petitioners and the respondent will submit written memoranda to Comelec and after three days it will issue a resolution on the matter. 

The case is being handled by the Comelec Second Division, which includes Comelec commissioners Socorro Inting and Antonio Kho Jr. 

Last Friday Comelec announced it had already issued a summon to the camp of Marcos to initiate hearings on the case filed by a group of political detainees, human rights advocates, and medical organizations, earlier this month for cancellation or denial of the due course of Marcos’ Certificate of Candidacy (COC).

The petition stemmed from Marco’s court conviction for violating the  National Internal Revenue Code (NIRC) as well as falsifying the content of his COC. 

Another petition was filed last week by a separate group also citing the same grounds as the first petition.

As of Monday morning, David said she has no information yet if the second petition against Marcos was already raffled.  





Source link

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here