Facebook is undoubtedly one of the largest corporations in human history, with a total membership of roughly 2.60 billion users worldwide every single month.
The major concern of most businesses is reaching out to potential clients. Still, if, by some way, your business can grab the attention of just a tiny fraction of the Facebook user base, then you will have a rich and diverse customer base by any standard.
Facebook has taken advantage of this, and its marketing branch generated a whopping sum of $34.50 billion through ad revenue in 2020. Keep reading if you want to know how to create a poll on Facebook.
What Is A Facebook Poll?
So, for the uninitiated, the Facebook poll is exactly what it sounds like– a poll that has been created on Facebook.
These polls can appear on personal walls, pages, groups, or messages and are available for all Facebook users.
Using the Facebook polls offers a good, simple, and possibly anonymous way for some users to provide answers to questions that can be used for research purposes or to gauge the opinion of a group.
Facebook polls allow users to:
- Discover Opinions
- Boost Overall Engagement
- Share Your Results
The Facebook polls provide an easy way to integrate the Internet and data analytics into a business, among many other reasons.
The Different Types Of Facebook Polls
There are different types of Facebook polls, namely:
- Facebook Group Polls: These are the most common type of Facebook poll and are available for free use by every Facebook user in a group.
- The differences between a Facebook page and a group are slight but present. A group Is a place where members can contribute by leaving comments and other forms of interaction. Only admins can make new posts on the page, and Facebook lets admins issue polls on pages to keep them up to date with their members.
- Facebook Messenger Polls: These are polls sent out on Facebook’s wildly popular messenger. It allows users to start and run polls in private message groups on messenger with added privacy.
- Facebook Story Polls: Facebook stories are found on personal pages and share images and short videos with friends and family to the owner’s contacts. Story polls let users inquire for data on this feature.
- Facebook Video Polls: Access to the Internet has made it easier to upload videos on Facebook. The same feature supports setting up a poll to get direct feedback from potential and existing customers.
How To Create Facebook Polls
Creating a poll on Facebook from their mobile app is very easy. The Facebook app is set up in an easy-to-use manner. Here are the steps you need to follow to create any of the types of polls:
Facebook Group Poll
Facebook groups are a way to build a community for your business. By improving the rate at which the customers engage with your posts, polls made on a group are boosted by the Facebook algorithm and pushed to the top of a user’s newsfeed. To create a poll on Facebook groups, first;
- Join the group
- Click on ‘create a public post.’
- Go to ‘more.’
- Click on ‘poll.’
- Type the questions you wish to ask in the provided box.
- Go below the question and add the options for followers to choose from
- Click on ‘Add to your post,’ and the poll will appear in the group
Facebook Story Polls
Facebook stories are an ideal way to create polls. With Facebook users constantly using this feature, getting customer feedback on your business is optimal. If you want to create a Facebook story poll on a mobile device, a user will have to:
- First, go to their Facebook profile on their phone, and click on ‘add story.’
- In the ‘create a story’ screen, choose ‘poll’ as the type of story.
- Click on ‘poll’ and, in the next screen, add questions and potential answers.
- Go to the ‘privacy’ to change who can see the poll
- Click on ‘share to the story’ to publish a poll
Event Page Polls
Brands who want to host events, whether in person or virtual, use polls to gather information pertaining to the event in relation to the consumers. To set up a poll on a page, a user will first have to:
- Be an admin of the page
- Click on ‘publishing tools.’
- Create a ‘classic post.’
- Click on the three ellipses on the right-hand side
- Select the ‘poll’ option
- Ask questions of interest
- Add reply options below the question
- Click on ‘Share Now’ at the bottom of the page
Facebook Messenger Polls
Although the feature to create polls has been removed from the news feed, it has been added to the messenger part of Facebook. To set up a Facebook Messenger poll, a user will require:
- The user will have to be signed into their account
- Head to the Facebook messenger
- Click on the blue ‘+’ button in the bottom left-hand corner of the screen
- Click on the ‘polls.’
- Ask their question and et answer options
- Click ‘create a poll’ to publish
Facebook Video Polls
Videos on Facebook snag users’ attention. Creating video polls allows your consumers to relate to your content. To create a Facebook video poll, a user will need to:
- First, be an admin of the Facebook page they intend to post the poll on
- Click on ‘photo/video’ in the create post box
- Click on ‘upload photos/video.’
- Choose the video you are trying to upload
- Click ‘Polls’ on the upload screen
- Click on ‘create a poll’
- Enter the question and a choice of answers for the poll
- Choose when the poll starts and ends in the video itself
- Choose if viewers can see the poll results
- Click on ‘save’ and publish the poll with the video
Despite being easy and intuitive to use, users must put in the effort to Ask the Right Questions and be intentional with those in place. The Facebook polls can be a helpful tool in an online business’ Arsenal.
The latest tech news delivered to your inbox
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.